TpT Store

Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Sunday, May 24, 2009

so about that...

This is neither my most eloquent nor positive post, so read it or don't, but know that I am actually smiling as I type this. Also, know that I am very well aware that there are so many people much less fortunate than I, and that I am very thankful for all that I do have... with that being said...

I just re-read the post I wrote Friday... and oh man, I couldn't DISagree with myself more right now about one thing. At this moment, I feel like I will not miss this place. The people, without question. The culture, even some food, certainly! The lack of efficiency, the ridiculous electricity (or should I say lack of electricity), and the heat... these things I will not miss. These last few weeks have been the worst of all for me in Ghana electricity & heat wise. I feel like the electricity has been off just as much or more than it has been on, not to mention the lovely situation this week when they actually came and CUT our power line because of a mistake on their part with billing. After 2 hours of running around from my house to school to the power company then getting shuffled from room to room and being scolded for different things (like not coming in to find out how much the bill that they messed up should have been... because I knew you messed it up, right...) they FINALLY sent someone (and by sent I mean we had to take him with us in the school van and I was expected to pay for his transportation back) to fix it. This all happened during the day, when I should have been teaching... thank you Jesus that I have a great aid that covered for me so I could get it all sorted out!! Well... of course the power was out even once the line was reconnected. How ironic. That was an AWESOME day... This weekend the power was off from Saturday around 3pm till today (Sunday) at like 5:30pm... ugh.

Ghana, I'm just going to be honest here, you aren't making it very hard to leave you...

No comments: