TpT Store

Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Friday, May 22, 2009

KinderKids

Have you ever watched a 16 year old boy read a children’s book to 5 & 6 year olds? It’s pretty entertaining! There are 2 high school boys reading to my class right now, and I am just loving watching them interact. They are being such good examples of patience and kindness, as well as reading. They are using different voices, showing the pictures, answering silly questions, and pausing for the children’s laughter.

Earlier today, I wanted the children to practice writing a friendly letter, so I let them choose who our letter would be to. They chose President Obama. Here is what they decided as a group to write:

Dear President Obama,
You are the best president! You are doing a good job, keep doing good things. We are praying for you.
Love,
Kindergarten

I guess really what I’m saying is… I am going to miss this place, but really more than anything, these kids & their families, as well as the coworkers that have become like family to me. One of my 5 roommates said this the other day and it rang so true for me… she said “We all get along so well because we just let each other be. When I am happy, you guys let me be happy & encourage me in it. When I am sad, you let me be sad. We don’t bother each other to be something we are not, and I feel like I’m really myself here.”

Only 15 days till I get on the plane… woah!

No comments: