TpT Store

Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Dear Melinda,

I cannot take you out to dinner, I cannot even call (you see, I tried... it wouldn't work, I think I have the wrong phone number), I can't text either (once again, wrong number, also it doesn't help that my phone isn't sending texts right now... lame!)... so, here is my gift to you (for now)...

10 things I love about you (because I typed 'hate' and realized I can't even make it sarcastic enough for people to understand I am being sarcastic ... but then again... you would get it...):

1. Speaking of which... I love the way you just get it. You understand my humor and sarcasm, not judging me for either.

2. I love the way you always tell me the truth. I know I can count on you to be honest with me, even if it's not what I want to hear, but what I NEED to hear.

3. I love when I'm in the middle of teaching and having random memories of you being right here next to me pop into my head, and just giggling about things such as snot fountains, and the kids begging to know what was funny :)

4. I love that you take the time to think about what peoples love languages are, and then do whatever you can to give them that type of love.

5. I love that you love without reservations. You DO have a unique ability to connect deeply, whether that is an Africa thing or not, you just do.

6. I love that you can fall flat on the floor, laugh, and just pick yourself up and start over again (dork dance, anyone?!).

7. I love that I know even if we disagree about something, that's ok... whether it's something as silly as the best ice cream, or something as deep as theology, you will always hear me out (as I hope I have done for you) & love me the same in the end.

8. I love that I can sing in front of you... not just sing, but full-on belt my heart out, and not feel the slightest bit of embarassment or fear.

9. I love your genuine curiosity. You aren't afraid to ask questions, and are always willing to hear the whole answer. You make me use my brain & think about what I really believe, feel, and think, and why.

10. I LOVE that I am going to be SO CLOSE to you and can come and take you out to dinner to celebrate our birthdays for real in person SO SOON :) :) :)

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Oh how I love you. Thank you so much! This made me feel special, and loved, and like sometimes, maybe sometimes, what I'm doing - whatever that is. Is worth it.

I love you!