TpT Store

Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"Trading My Sorrows"
By Darrell Evans
I'm pressed but not crushed persecuted not abandoned
Struck down but not destroyed
I'm blessed beyond the curse for his promise will endure
And his joy's gonna be my strength
Though the sorrow may last for the night
His joy comes with the morning
I'm trading my sorrow
I'm trading my shame
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord
I'm trading my sickness
I'm trading my pain
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord


1 Peter 5:5b-11
"God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble." 6Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
8Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
10And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 11To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's all good! Stay Strong! Stay Focussed!

Anonymous said...

Always remember that the reason you are there is to serve CHRIST ... not yourself or men in general. Unfortunately, it's easy to find unwise, inconsistent, ingrateful, gossips, jealous, ... hypocritical people. The key for you is not to let them get in the way of the BIG PICTURE.

You have a heart for children so don't let anyone take away the joy of being Christ's light to those who are so maleable. It's my sincere prayer that each and every little life that you touch there, at their age of accountablility, will cheerfully accept Christ as their savior. What a tremendous responsibility and opportunity. Use it for His Glory!