TpT Store

Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Monday, September 8, 2008

Golden Nuggets

one time at a certain missionary families house we were having dinner, and the Man of the house said "when we have parties, everyone has to share a golden nugget. Something that has happened to them recently, good or bad, something that sticks out and is worth sharing". I like that... here are some golden nuggets...

- The water was just off for 2 days... it came back on... God is good (cause He must know how bad we were starting to smell!!)
- We got a german shepherd puppy, her name is Roxy, she barks when people are at the gate... she doesn't like me (actually, she only likes our guards and the one roommate to whom she techincally belongs...).
- I am coming home for Christmas... this alone is worth my weight in gold!! After paying for this ticket, I am now officially flat BROKE, but hey... God will provide (He ALWAYS does!!)
- I am really enjoying my class so far this year - they are a great group of kids (not to mention the fact that I actually have some textbooks to use... that sure makes lesson planning go a lot more smoothly!) :)
- Everyone and their Mom (literally in some cases...) has decided to run/bike/swim a triathalon lately, ok, so I'm not that hopeful, but when I get back to the states I really want to start jogging/running and for now I'm starting with the goal of at least walking a 5k, and eventually running one... I'll get there (and Mandie said she'd run it with me!) :)
- A good friend just told me that they are taking a test for a job in a few weeks, and might be across the country when I get back to Ohio if they pass the test and get the job... yet another realization that the world goes on without me when I leave, and that my friends and I aren't kids anymore... we have to get grown-up jobs and sometimes even move away... who am I kidding... I think I took the cake for moving away... now if only everyone else would stay put for just a few more months and let me get home and convince them not to leave ;)
- Just incase I haven't informed you, I have an AMAZING family... parents and siblings who love and support me, not to mention my extended family... I hate that I am missing things right now that are SO important (weddings, graduations, shows, concerts... and the list goes on), but know that I love you all so much, and that my heart is there with you! Take lots of pictures to help me catch up :)

That was really good for my soul... you should try it sometime :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the gold nuggets. Forget about jogging; keep blogging!

Melinda said...

You are like, the chief gold nugget of all the gold nuggets in my life. I had chicken nuggets today. And a weird Chicken Sandwich from like, the worst Dairy Queen in the world.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That much.
More than that.
And then some.